NO EXPECTATIONS: Drop your expectations and get your own experience. Nobody can tell you what it’s going to be like for you. Moreover, it will be different every time. Trust the process and your own wisdom!
However, there is a certain class structure in KY.
– INTENTION: I like to start my classes with calming down and centering through the breath and setting an intention. Intention setting is a powerful tool on its own, and it is even more fantastic, if you combine it with yoga.
– TUNE-IN: After that we tune into our inner space with a mantra.
– WARM-UP: Then we start awakening our bodies with a gentle warm-up, which prepares us to the next step.
– KRIYA: Next is the main set of exercises, or kriya. It’s a combination of static and dynamic movements, breathing exercises, mudras and sometimes mantras.
– SHAVASANA: After the kriya is finished, we get the well deserved shavasana – conscious relaxation in corpse pose.
– MEDITATION: After shavasana we do a meditation.
– And finally we finish the class with a mantra.
DURATION: A regular class lasts from 1,5 to 2 hours.
Now bring your questions and fears about Kundalini Yoga and I will answer them in the comments below!