Meditation is an integral part of yoga, that’s why we always finish Kundalini yoga classes with a meditation. There are lots of different meditations. Here I will share my favorite ones with detailed instructions for your personal practice.
You can also join my free live meditations on Facebook. I will guide your through the process. Tue, Thu, Sat at 9 pm Tbilisi time (GMT+4) at https://www.facebook.com/kundaliniwithjulia
- Don’t practice on full stomach. After you’ve eaten, all your body wants is to digest that food. Meditation is better done on empty stomach early in the morning or in the evening before sleep.
- Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight. Close your eyes and become aware of your body, breath, your emotional and mental state.
- Tune-in with Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo by chanting this mantra 3 times.
- Start with a spinal warm-up. Best if you can do a short yoga routine before meditating. This helps you to awaken the spine, connect to the body and calm down the mind.
- We usually practice for 11 minutes, it’s the minimum time for the mind to reach the state of meditation. Just 11 minutes per day can create a real transformation in your life!
- Don’t rush after the meditation. Keep observing your inner space and breath.
- Finish with chanting Sat Nam 3 times 🙏